Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Be the Best Whatever You Are

In my life, I have been trying to make the best of all opportunities I have had so far. I know I may not be comparable to my peers in some way or the other, for I may lack some of the qualities they may have. But then, correspondingly, they may lack some of the qualities I may have too. It's all situational. It's all subjective. Some people call it Karma, some call it destiny. But, whatever name you give it, the point is that we all try to make the best of what we get. I too am trying to make the best of my capabilities. I hope I succeed in whichever endeavor I take up.

Just surfing through the net, I stumbled upon this very nice and meaningful poem. Hope it inspires many more people the way it inspires me.

Be the Best Whatever You Are

If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill
Be a scrub in the valley--but be
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
Be a bush if you can't be a tree.

If you can't be a bush be a bit of the grass,
And some highway some happier make;
If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass--
But the liveliest bass in the lake!

We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
There's something for all of us here.
There's big work to do and there's lesser to do,
And the task we must do is the near.

If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
If you can't be the sun be a star;
It isn't by size that you win or you fail--
Be the best of whatever you are!

- Douglas Malloch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women should support women

​I was having a discussion today with a junior at work, a girl who I had started interacting with recently. We discuss a lot of work-related...