Tuesday, May 4, 2010

… because life’s all about being happy!

Over the last few days, I have observed a change in myself. There’s no denying that I have challenges in front of me, and that the same have been there for quite some time now; but, there is a new vigour to take them head on now. Sub-consciously, I have decided to take charge of my life. I have decided to move on. I don’t hide behind lies anymore. Now, I don’t feel ashamed to come out and speak the truth. It’s a new found freedom. And I’m loving it.

I feel a renewed strength somewhere. I am sure it has always been there but its resurgence now is very opportune. My self-confidence is at its peak and I hope I can channelize it well. I believe in God and I trust that if God gets you to it, he will get you through it. So, I am prepared for the challenges facing me. What I am not prepared for is giving up. And at the end of the dark tunnel, I see a golden light – the light of redemption. I will not let sadness hold my way now. My past is gone, I will not let it mar my future anymore.

They say, strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength. I have made a decision, a resolution. I will be strong, come what may. I will not give up. If I have to put up a fight, it’s going to be a hard fight for sure. At the end then, it won’t matter if I win or lose. Life’s all about being happy. And I have now decided to be happy. Always.

I remind myself then, some precious words by Robert Frost:

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep.
And miles to go before I sleep.
And miles to go before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women should support women

​I was having a discussion today with a junior at work, a girl who I had started interacting with recently. We discuss a lot of work-related...