Thursday, November 24, 2011

Life is beautiful with Kids around!!!

Kids!!! Everyone says that it's the best thing that can happen to someone. For the record, it is not easy to bring up kids. I certainly couldn't have managed without my mother to whom I owe more than I can ever put in words. My 5-year old daughter has an endless source of energy, asks probably 437 questions in a day on an average, perennially tries to get attention by absolutely not allowing us to talk to anyone but her and gets adored by all and sundry even after that. Now that would explain the cause of my mother's headache by the end of the day and also why life's beautiful with her around.

 

This morning, a friend of mine was telling me about a lady whose husband divorced her after a 5-year old marriage and a 3 year old child. She now cribs about how her child has ruined her life because she has no time for any social life and having a child's custody has virtually ruled out her chances of resettling again. I wonder what her heart is made up of. I, for once, cannot ever imagine thinking on those lines. My life is centered on my daughter and she comes first no matter what. It is hard even to imagine my life without her.

 

Kids bring sunshine to your life. It's amazing to see kids marvel and get excited at petty things. I have quoted this earlier and will quote this again – "There are no seven wonders in the eyes of a child. There are seven million." Having a kid is like looking into the future and planning what you want to be again and what you want to make of your life. You know what a house without kids is like? Quiet. It is indeed quiet and there is no fresh life chirping around you. If on any weekend, my daughter's school is open, that is one of the most boring weekends I can have. All during the weekend I act bossy with my daughter, get irritated with her mischievous ways, try and teach her 'how to behave', but two days without her around and I feel like as if there is no motivation in my life; like there is no life.

 

Mothers have a special bond with their kids. They have given birth to the child and that child is a part of her. No matter how much the child grows up, he/she would continue to be a part of their mothers. This is one bond that was built by nature never to be broken. Mothers will forgive their kids for no matter how grievous mistakes. They would love them unconditionally no matter whether the feelings are reciprocated. But then, there is no point describing all this. It is simply sufficient to say she's a mother.

 

I feel blessed to have the sweetest, loveliest and most adorable child in the world. And I think this statement holds good for every mother on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women should support women

​I was having a discussion today with a junior at work, a girl who I had started interacting with recently. We discuss a lot of work-related...