Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The choices that define me

I chose the road
Not the less travelled one though
But not all have ventured till the end.

Some give up
Some change their path
And continue their journey by following the trend.

The road ahead
Is certainly not easy by far
It goes uphill and the ascent is steep.

But I remember Frost:
"I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

I move on
A step at a time, step by step
All steps together forming my journey

I pray to God
To give me the strength
To carry on till the goal is a reality

For that's what I choose
The path is not just my strength,
but also my learning, lore and erudition

It's my victory
my conquest, my dominion, my triumph
It's my Nirvana, and also my salvation

I want to live my life
in such a way that I am
Proud of myself and hold high my head

For it's my choices that define me
No matter how big or however small
Of course, for me, the means are just as important as the end.


© Nishtha Khurana, 2012. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women should support women

​I was having a discussion today with a junior at work, a girl who I had started interacting with recently. We discuss a lot of work-related...