Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pathetic Customer Service by Snapdeal

This is w.r.t. an order I placed with you (Order # 3609980226). I placed this order on Nov 17, 2014 and the confirmation said that the estimated delivery date was Nov 24, 2014. (I must confess this was far longer than my expectation since your contemporaries like Flipkart and Amazon India take much shorter delivery duration, max. 4-5 days for the same product.)

I had been getting 4 mails a day telling me that I can now track the status of my order online and when I opened it, it simply informed me that the product was handed over to Ecom courier service on Nov 18, 2014 and will be delivered to me by Nov 24, 2014. Did it help me with much information? NO.

Anyway, the product did not reach me by the promised date. I was not informed by the company that there would be a delay and the reason therefor. I called the customer care number on 24th evening but I could not get through as the answering machine disconnected after saying, "we have too many customers on the line right now, please call later." (Now that I think, it’s no wonder you get that many calls because you really are bad at service). An hour later, same problem but at least it said that I could select an option to arrange a call back. I did and I am yet to get a call back. I waited for an hour and called again and then waited about 15 mins to speak to a customer care officer who first very coolly informed me that Nov 24, 2014 isn't over yet. I had to remind him that it was 9 pm and unless they deliver products even at that hour, the day was over. He then said that he would register a complaint and that the product will be delivered before 12 noon on Nov 25, 2014.

Then, today when I just casually clicked the “Track Order”, it gave me the same status that said the product was handed over to Ecom courier service on Nov 18, 2014 but the delivery date was CHANGED to Nov 29, 2014.

On a normal course the company sends an apology with an explanation in case a delivery is delayed. AT LEAST YOU COULD HAVE SENT AN INTIMATION. Snapdeal did not care to inform me about the delay and just simply on its own changed the delivery date. Furthermore, when I called the customer care to complain, they simply gave me the no. of Ecom Express and asked me to follow up with them as the delay was from their end. Is that my problem? Did I pay over 40000 bucks to Ecom or to Snapdeal?

I still check with Ecom and they tell me that their records show that the product reached Delhi on Nov 21, 2014 but they need time to deliver the same. I asked how much and the person said that I would escalate this as a high priority delivery so that it reaches you within 3-4 days. Needless to say, I am shocked: High Priority and they still need 3-4 days to deliver it from Delhi to Gurgaon. They need 8 days to deliver a product from Delhi to Gurgaon which on a normal course takes less than an hour? This isn’t even an item of furniture or huge electronics like refrigerator or TV but instead a phone which comes in a very small box. This is ridiculous by all standards.


This is the second time I have faced this problem with Snapdeal out of only 2 times I have placed an order with Snapdeal. That's a record 100%. Someone should tell Snapdeal that you don't win customers by giving full-page strategically placed advertisements in the newspapers, but rather by the quality of service provided. You need to learn that from Flipkart and Amazon India yet as you still have a long way to catch-up. Seriously disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women should support women

​I was having a discussion today with a junior at work, a girl who I had started interacting with recently. We discuss a lot of work-related...