Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Reflections from my Birthday!!

It was my birthday a few days back and to be honest, I was not much excited. I always thought that I have reached an age where birthdays are no more special days. They are just ordinary days. I am neither reverse counting the days before my birthday nor am over the moon in planning something unusual for my birthday. I don't buy birthday gifts for myself any more and usually go around doing my business as usual.

But when I reached an age of nonchalance, my daughter has reached an age of excitement, curiosity and deep concern for all around her. She made my day special by planning a midnight surprise with my sister and mom. My family showered me not only with gifts but also immense love and affection.

Moreover, my phone was broken and I was off Whatsapp and was therefore not expecting many messages. But to my surprise, there was awesome bombardment of lovely birthday wishes from my friends, relatives and acquaintances that kept pouring in on Facebook and SMSes and even through calls, all thanks to Mark Zuckerberg who added a feature on Facebook that reminds all of our birthdays.

Actually, the birthdays are not special days per se. They are ordinary days that are made special by this little touch of persons around you. And I am grateful to God for surrounding me with such lovely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women should support women

​I was having a discussion today with a junior at work, a girl who I had started interacting with recently. We discuss a lot of work-related...